Lost In A Small PA Town

Snippets of my life withOUT a live-in lover and her elderly father that just moved in.(again!)(Now it's out again, oh that revolving door!) Letting go of old feelings and seeking out new ones.

Name:
Location: Christmas Tree Capital, Western PA

Where being Lost takes on a whole new meaning..

Monday, June 20, 2005

Enough of green stuff for awhile

Well I'm finally finished! All went well with the red devil; he only needed a little air in that damn tire and off we went. I cut the grass low this time, I hope she burns, so I don't have to mow again this week.
Other than mowing, its a typical Monday. Father called twice to check up on me, the lover called twice also. They just can't leave me be!
Yesterday was nice, lunch out with Father and my brother, his wife and 2 of his three sons were there.My nephew Justin was up on leave. He'll have to go back overseas in a month so it was nice to see him. After leaving I visited an elderly neighbor that was put in a personal care home by her brother. She so wants to go home; but she would have to have someone with her 24/7, that it isn't feasible for her to go home. When I first met Snook, it was way back in 1972 she was a mean, mean woman. She worked in a mental hospital and never married the man she was engaged to for fifteen years. He died suddenly and she still wears that engagement ring on her finger. She never said what he had died from; but I bet that's how Snook (Nooky) got her name. She lived with her elderly mother and took care of her until her mom got so bad that Snook had to make the decision of placing her mom in a nursing home. Her mom died in her nineties, Snook then had some free time for acouple of years and she spent them with friends traveling. Then all of a sudden; things went bad. She was visiting a friend in the local hospital, and she tripped over uneven concrete. Her hip snapped and she fell to the concrete and broke acouple of more bones.
Although she bounced back alittle, she never has recovered fully. Now at 83, she's on oxygen to help her breathe better and she's using a walker to help her get around. Over the years this strong willed woman has been a very good friend. Her smile yesterday warmed my heart. She asked about my kids, she watched them both grow up; she also asked about the lover, dad and my stepmother; about the little town we live in, and how she misses it. When I went to leave she hugged me so tight that I could hardly breathe. I promised I would return and bring some pictures of home for her, and some from around town. As Dorothy from the Wizard of OZ said, "Theres no place like home!"

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home