Lost In A Small PA Town

Snippets of my life withOUT a live-in lover and her elderly father that just moved in.(again!)(Now it's out again, oh that revolving door!) Letting go of old feelings and seeking out new ones.

Name:
Location: Christmas Tree Capital, Western PA

Where being Lost takes on a whole new meaning..

Saturday, June 18, 2005

I can make it on my own...

One hellava day yesterday was. I swear it was a Friday the 13th not Friday the 17th. It all started with the damn lawn mower not starting..battery dead. Had to use the battery charger, ok fine can't be that hard right. If a man can do so can I. After charging and a little either away it went. Shit forgot to check the oil and add gas. For safety reasons only; I shut her down and prayed she would start again. Big black clouds loamed overhead and I needed to get the mowing done, again. Hard to believe just afew days ago I preformed this same act. But I did remember to check the oil this time. As all my timely checks were done it was time to start the Gravely, 16hp up again. As I held my breath and prayed, she clicked; ah shit; but don't dispair, the clutch wasn't in the right place. After a slight adjustment with my foot she took to life. Praise be, now I got to sit for the next four hours. Going in circles, back and forth. The cutting looked uneven, had a semi flat tire. Heck no wonder it was cutting uneven. So to the shop and plug in the air thing. Find the new end for the hose and carefully put air in the tire. You see last week I had attempted to put air in the tire and got burnt on the muffler. The air valve is on the inside of the tire, hard to reach. These back tires are weighted so some bright man decided that the valves have to be inward. I prefer outies. Anyhow, later today I'll finish the rough section of the back forty..Hopefully the tire doesn't go flat overnight..but I'm not holding my breath. Shit, just remembered that I forgot to unplug the air thingie and eletric to the back garage, be right back. I'm here, thanks. Then to top off the day, I finally asked the Lover about his ex. Yep, I was right all along. With this being said, I'm done!" Take my heart and break it. Shame on you,Lover. As the evening wore on, I thought I'd get smashed. Remember folks I don't drink. A trip to the local store for 7-up that goes with my bottle of MAUI Blue Hawaiian Shcnapps that I found from a party I had 2 years ago; and started drinking. Half way through the bottle of MAUI, things started to spin, tummy starting to reject. So I quit, no man is worth lowering myself over. On with the coffee. If Mary Tyler Moore can make it on her own and so can I. But it will be hard, hearts don't mend overnight..or sometimes they never do. I have a headache to match my heartache, so off to find some asprin.....

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home