Lost In A Small PA Town

Snippets of my life withOUT a live-in lover and her elderly father that just moved in.(again!)(Now it's out again, oh that revolving door!) Letting go of old feelings and seeking out new ones.

Name:
Location: Christmas Tree Capital, Western PA

Where being Lost takes on a whole new meaning..

Saturday, February 10, 2007

Homeless in Indiana County!

This really shocked me....I know it can happen to anyone, anytime but in my county.

http://online.indianagazette.com/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=2466&Itemid=2

I wonder how they got to be homeless? Divorce, mental issues, or just plain happened!
Our area has so few good paying jobs. Prices of the most essenial things go up everyday; that a gallon of milk cost more than a gallon of gas. Home heating cost is skyrocketing since this cold snap! How can anyone get ahead if your wages don't go up. I'm sure they had given up everything non worthy like; cable, extra vehicle, buying new clothes, new coats and brand name canned goods. You can only make the ends meet for so long......Does my county need a shelter? Maybe! We have Alice Paul House for the abused. The homeless living out in the cold in this country is just too much for me to image. How about your hometown? How many are homeless where you live? Do they use the shelter?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home