Lost In A Small PA Town

Snippets of my life withOUT a live-in lover and her elderly father that just moved in.(again!)(Now it's out again, oh that revolving door!) Letting go of old feelings and seeking out new ones.

Name:
Location: Christmas Tree Capital, Western PA

Where being Lost takes on a whole new meaning..

Friday, July 22, 2005

Counting down the days..

In two weeks my friend is flying in from Denver. We haven't seen each other in five years or so.
We keep in touch via e-mail and phone calls. Last year my friend had plans of visiting and seeing her two sisters for her long awaited vacation. But suddenly she became very ill. It started with a headache, and for all the years I've known her she never had one. She usually teased me when I'd get a sinus headache or a migraine. Anyhow it progressed towards evening into violent pain in her head and short blackouts. Her boyfriend called an ambulance and took her to a small hospital close by their home. Her pain was getting worst and at this hospital no one had looked at her for almost an hour so the boyfriend who usually doesn't leave off steam got really pissed and called the ambulance again and had her taken to Denver's major hospital. At which the time of arrival of my friend a small army of medical staff took over. They found she was having a brain aneurysm; she was wisked off to surgery and placed into a coma for 14 days to heal after removal. She did have some problems afterwards with her speech and her right arm and her right eye. But with intense therapy for two and a half months she made a 95% recovery. She has returned to work, with no overtime now and has to be on alert for any symptoms. You see she has another small aneurysm deep in her brain that may or may not grow, the doctors can't say for sure what or when anything would happen. So she lives with monthly brain scans and cat scans. But she's here and she's alive and with the ok from the doc's she's ready to fly again. Now all I wish is the two weeks fly by.
As for me, I'm crying about having my tooth pulled. Which took over an hour, yesterday because the shots (9 total) wouldn't take, because the tooth was still abcessed. But finally after the dentist massaged my jaw to stimulate the nerves to open, he yanked it out. Today my jaw bone hurts really bad. If it doesn't ease up by tomorrow I'll have to call him. Bone infections can be bad. Take care all, till next time.

1 Comments:

Blogger Melissa said...

Sorry to hear about your friend. Glad she's doing better. Sorry about your tooth. I hope you're on pain meds. After I had my wisdom teeth yanked out I was on meds and I couldn't feel a thing.

10:31 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home