Lost In A Small PA Town

Snippets of my life withOUT a live-in lover and her elderly father that just moved in.(again!)(Now it's out again, oh that revolving door!) Letting go of old feelings and seeking out new ones.

Name:
Location: Christmas Tree Capital, Western PA

Where being Lost takes on a whole new meaning..

Monday, July 18, 2005

Return to normal...

If there was any normal in my family. With the death of my step-mother last Thursday and her burial on Saturday things are starting to settle down. Family from both sides came and some long lost family members and neighbors. Its a shame that you only see them when someone dies. Like on my fathers side. He only has two brothers left. And when they get together its like a screaming match; because they're all hard of hearing. When you sit back and listen, one is saying one thing, the other is answering in a totally off the subject response, and the third is looking for someone to decifer whats going on. So for now my father is lost, time wise. Since he spend most of his waking hours with my step-mother at the nursing home, what else can he fill his time with? Fishing, maybe golf (not good for his rupture) I have no clue. He's really good at bitching about the government and what other people do. So what can an 82 year old man, with many years of bitterness do? He won't go to a senior center for activities, or join the Y. And for sure I'm not going to put up with him starting to date again. You see I've learned over the years that my father cannot be alone! He'll be looking and I'll be hearing all about it. EW!! I don't need to hear about my dad
eyeballing some seventy year old. I went through that when he starting seeing my step-mother. As for now dad just needs some time to pause and remember the good times that he shared with his second love. Move ahead at a slow pace and enjoy the years he has left.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home