Lost In A Small PA Town

Snippets of my life withOUT a live-in lover and her elderly father that just moved in.(again!)(Now it's out again, oh that revolving door!) Letting go of old feelings and seeking out new ones.

Name:
Location: Christmas Tree Capital, Western PA

Where being Lost takes on a whole new meaning..

Thursday, July 14, 2005

When the phone rings early its...

At 5:30am today the phone rings. You all know when the phone rings that early; it can only be bad.
It was my dad saying that my step-mother had passed away at the nursing home. They had been married nine years. My step-mother had spent the last 4 years withering away with Alzheimer and Parkinsons. At one time she was head nurse in the maternity ward in the local hospital. She was there when I gave birth to both of my children. She had three children from her first marriage and her daughter did make it up to be with her mother when she passed. Before the diseases took over her body completely she enjoyed walking everyday through this little town and stopping to chat with the neighbors that sat on their front porches. Often times she never made it more than a half mile, because of the chatting. My days to come will be trying to comfort the ones she left behind.
I know it was best that she passed on; and so does Dad. My step-mother can now walk hand in hand with the Lord. Rest peacefully; till we meet again..Love DLaine.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home