Lost In A Small PA Town

Snippets of my life withOUT a live-in lover and her elderly father that just moved in.(again!)(Now it's out again, oh that revolving door!) Letting go of old feelings and seeking out new ones.

Name:
Location: Christmas Tree Capital, Western PA

Where being Lost takes on a whole new meaning..

Saturday, May 14, 2005

I Fear I've been gone too long

I believe that being out of the work force for two years has hindered me in finding a new job. Plus, the job market in the Christmas Tree Capital is on the decline....Both interviews went well. So I'll have to wait and see.
Off tomorrow on a mini getaway..A stay over somewhere in a cheap but clean room in the northern part of the state. I want to see the ducks on the fishs' back at Pymatuning spillway. When my son was going to college and lived in Edinboro and Erie,PA I always went out of my way to go to the spillway. Great place to take the kids and yourself for a one of kind experience with carp and ducks. The ugly, slimy prehistoric carp in the spillway cram together and await visitors to feed them. I mean there are hundreds of carp crammed in this spillway at one time. Fish on top of fish and when everyone throws food in; the feeding frenzy begins. You can actually hear the slurpping from the big lipped carp. The ducks want their share too, so they walk on the fishs' back to grab bits of food. Years ago they sold day old bread (3 loaves for a buck); now they sell pellet fish food to feed the monsters.(2 sandwich bags for a buck) But you can always take your own bread; and I plan to.To get a real creepy experience,just throw the whole loaf in at once..the carp go whacko and I promise you'll get a chill on the back of your neck from the sight and sounds before your eyes.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home