Lost In A Small PA Town

Snippets of my life withOUT a live-in lover and her elderly father that just moved in.(again!)(Now it's out again, oh that revolving door!) Letting go of old feelings and seeking out new ones.

Name:
Location: Christmas Tree Capital, Western PA

Where being Lost takes on a whole new meaning..

Monday, March 14, 2005

Went Hunting On a Sunday

Yep; went road hunting for Elk!! Father told me last week that he saw Elk on a farm not to far home...
I knew about the Buffalo being only 5miles away..not the Elk...so the Lover and I hopped in the truck armed with the(can you guess?)camera and off we went to investigate. I headed in the direction of a short cut through the state game lands; so I could do a round trip after seeing the Elk...with the price of gas, Sunday jaunts have to be shorter....Finally in the location my father gave me.. I saw nothing, went as far as the Buffalo so I must have missed the elk somehow...Turned around and retraced the way I came. OK; with four eyes one of us should have seen them....but no..couldn't find them...Damn, I wanted to see them...so took another road to come back home...and yet another back road(I like getting the Lover mixed up with all the different roads I take, some he remembers and some he doesn't; where he's from all the roads run in blocks; not like here, they go this way and that way. Usually the Lover carries the county map with all the roads named on it, but not today!) The last back road is my favorite, the Hemlock trees still had snow on them and the road is white, with the sun out today it was like a picture postcard ..Sorry didn't take any pictures..Have some from last year somewhere in a file..Just take my word for it; beauty was out in full force on this road. So when Father came home tonight I asked him where exactly are the elk? Over a little hill;you have to really look for them he said. Just past the big field on the right. Getting frustrated I nodded and said I knew where now, I'm still not sure..but you can bet I'll take another ride sometime this week(the hell with the gas prices) and I'll find those Elk and post the pictures to prove it. Meanwhile here's a pic of birdhouses on a garage that we saw today and the game land sign. Bye for now...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home