Lost In A Small PA Town

Snippets of my life withOUT a live-in lover and her elderly father that just moved in.(again!)(Now it's out again, oh that revolving door!) Letting go of old feelings and seeking out new ones.

Name:
Location: Christmas Tree Capital, Western PA

Where being Lost takes on a whole new meaning..

Wednesday, February 09, 2005

What would you change...

If you could go back and change something you did from years ago what would it be? I mean something that altered your life or something you said to a person that hurt them .....you know what I mean.... I myself would like to change alot of things; lately how my life has been.....I should be doing something about it ; instead of talking about it!!! So things are going to change, when my father comes to live with me again; new rules are going to be set: I know he's my father and I love him, but he can be so mean at times and complains more about trival matters than any woman I know. And this time he's going to listen to the doctors; no if and or buts!! He'll not hit me or cuss at me. The last time he hit me was when he was recovering from a major surgery and I said something to the visiting nurse; I was standing close to dad and all of a sudden ... Bam!!! on the floor I was. The nurse was just as shocked as I was......Well no matter that I'm a grown woman; I had had it by this time...so I lined up some in house care givers for 24 hrs care for a week and I left town.........need less to say when I got back; he didn't remember doing this to me and wanted to know why I had left!!!! He still denies it to this day.....But the nurse gave him a copy of the report; just to show him in black and white it was no lie....no appologies, no thanks for taking care of me....ever.. When at the end of 2003 he had another major surgery and he got an infection and I had to give IV meds twice a day to him; he kept pulling it out and said I was doing it wrong; So since he wouldn't listen I explained he was going into the nursing home where my step-mother is, he didn't like it but he went for 3 weeks until the infection was gone. Then back home with me. And so the cycle starts again....But this time I'll be ready!!!! The lover who knows...whats going to happen...
Tomorrow is the trip to AGH in Pittsburgh; we have to be there by 7am....oh joy; rush hour traffic and the weather men are calling for snow. Two hours of listening to my father gripe about my driving and tales about the nursing home where my step-mother is at. I know more about this place than the people that work there. I think the lover is right about him not going.........but another full day of stress for me.... Wish me luck!!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home