Lost In A Small PA Town

Snippets of my life withOUT a live-in lover and her elderly father that just moved in.(again!)(Now it's out again, oh that revolving door!) Letting go of old feelings and seeking out new ones.

Name:
Location: Christmas Tree Capital, Western PA

Where being Lost takes on a whole new meaning..

Sunday, April 03, 2005

Spring Ahead

Hey its 10:30pm and snowing out. If we turn our clocks ahead now will it end sooner? Weather people calling for 4-6 inches by tomorrow afternoon. Didn't Penndot take their snowblades off? And is it not Spring? Its just like years ago; when I used to yearn for opening day of trout season. Its the first day and you have ice on your line and your favorite fishing hole is crowded with men. You still want to fish but your hands are like ice and you can hardly bait that hook; and you think to yourself that these men aren't going to like you nudging your way in to the bank. But you do it anyhow. You've fished in this same spot since you were 5 and no man is going to stop you today..I learned if I act like I don't know how to cast and I snag someones line by pure accident; I can clear that hole pretty quickly.
And I can have it all to myself until someone new comes. And then it starts all over again till my hands get too cold and I have to head for the truck to get warm. Then I watch the guys drift back over to my spot. HaHa they don't catch anything either! So I usually head home with thoughts of the next day and hope the snow is gone by morning. Like tomorrow; the snow will be gone by Monday. Oh and I didn't bake that cake yet; maybe sometime this week.....

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home