Lost In A Small PA Town

Snippets of my life withOUT a live-in lover and her elderly father that just moved in.(again!)(Now it's out again, oh that revolving door!) Letting go of old feelings and seeking out new ones.

Name:
Location: Christmas Tree Capital, Western PA

Where being Lost takes on a whole new meaning..

Saturday, December 24, 2005

Thats why they call it a Warning Label..

At my age you would think I should know better. It started this morning... I figured since my water softener isn't doing the job of taking the iron from the water that I had better take the stains out of the shower stall. So I opened the window and turned the exhaust fan on to take the fumes out. But me being sometimes the hardass I just wanted to get the job done. The fumes were getting so bad that I couldn't catch my breath. I ran outside to the cool air to try and ease my coughing and breathing. I couldn't stop gasping!!! No amount of cold water could stop the burning in my lungs and tubes. The tears were free flowing and the gasping for air while coughing was a sure sign that I stayed way too long in the bathroom. I found a inhaler that my doctor ordered for me two years ago when I had had bronchitis and I gave myself two puffs. It eased my tubes enough for me to breath a little better. It took almost an hour and a half for everything to quite down. Even now it hurts to breath. I'm sure I burned my lungs some and its a little hard to carry on a conversation with the Lover. I got a sermon from him about my task. But hey, it needed done and no one else was going to do it. I did learn a lesson; the next time I'll just pull the shower curtain closed and say the hell with it!!! And I will follow the label and not mix two cleaning agents together again unless I have a gas mask on. (But the stuff really worked on the iron stains) So folks I'm going to have a silent night this night. It is Christmas Eve ya know.. Merry Christmas to All....

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home