Lost In A Small PA Town

Snippets of my life withOUT a live-in lover and her elderly father that just moved in.(again!)(Now it's out again, oh that revolving door!) Letting go of old feelings and seeking out new ones.

Name:
Location: Christmas Tree Capital, Western PA

Where being Lost takes on a whole new meaning..

Sunday, July 23, 2006

Oh where or where can my little turtle be?

Ok, you all know that I have three painted turtles left. The other four I released last Sunday. This evening when I went to feed the three, low and behold one was missing! A turtle on the loose in the house. When did he made his big break? All were in their container this morning. The big break out had to happen when I was out mowing the lawn. So I fed the other two and went on to search for the missing turtle. Flash light in hand and a yard stick, just incase the lost turtle was under a dresser in the bedrooms. Nope, not in either bedroom, not in the liviing room or the bathroom, or the dining room or the sunroom or the computer room but I did find him in the laundry room. He had fuzzies from the tip of his nose to his tail. He was sideways between the wall and the side of a cabinet. I didn't take a picture of his because I put him in the kitchen sink, under the faucet to get the fuzzies off of him. Then I left the faucet on a trickle and he stood under it for awhile. Then I put him in to feed. I bet he won't do that again. Now he's happy being back with his brothers or sisters, but I think they are all males. Painted turtle males are smaller than females. And I left all the bigger ones go to the pond. Maybe this turtle wants returned to the wild also? I have to decided if I want to release the three remaining turtles. What's your opinion, folks? Should I or shouldn't I?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home