Lost In A Small PA Town

Snippets of my life withOUT a live-in lover and her elderly father that just moved in.(again!)(Now it's out again, oh that revolving door!) Letting go of old feelings and seeking out new ones.

Name:
Location: Christmas Tree Capital, Western PA

Where being Lost takes on a whole new meaning..

Monday, July 31, 2006

He was lost again...then finally found

Since Friday night around 9pm I've been on a virtual turtle hunt again. One of the remaining three escaped again. I hunted til 2am the first night; I had to be up at 5am to work a 7am shift. Before I left for work I layed plates of water out thinking I could trick Mr Painted turtle to come out. No dice. Came home Sat. around 2pm and did a quick search; still nothing. I packed a bag for an overniter with the girlfriend up at her sister's camp in Emporium and headed out. (I'll fill you in later about the trip) Came home last night around 10pm and did another search. Room to room, moved cabinets and dressers and still no turtle. Then today! I came home and tore the place apart. Still a turtle no show, until 8pm tonight. I went to the laundry room (same room where two weeks ago I had a MIA turtle) and was grabbing a loaf of bread from a bag on the floor and low and behold the little sucker was out. Dry as can be but alive! I can only assume he crawl up inside the side of the washer, where the belts were and when I just did a load of clothes he fell down to the floor and crawl out. Lucky him, I had just bought some air freshners just encase he had died and with this heat I'm sure he would have caused a stink. So right now he's eating. He seems very happy to be back in water. The following pictures can be enlarge just by clicking on them and by clicking a second time they get alittle bigger. I've decided to release the last three remaining turtles this weekend when the Lover comes for a visit......

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home