Lost In A Small PA Town

Snippets of my life withOUT a live-in lover and her elderly father that just moved in.(again!)(Now it's out again, oh that revolving door!) Letting go of old feelings and seeking out new ones.

Name:
Location: Christmas Tree Capital, Western PA

Where being Lost takes on a whole new meaning..

Monday, January 23, 2006

On this dark and dreary night...

The lover was taking the garbage can out for the morning pick up at 11:15pm when he spotted a single bobbing light coming up the road. Its raining cats and dogs out and all he could hear was clomping and see the light bobbing. He thought maybe it was someone on a horse. But no; it was two young girls soaked! (19/20 years old) Saying their car broke down and asked if he could give them a ride to Indiana. (20 miles away) He came and got me and I was totally surprise that anyone would be out walking on a rural road especially two young girls alone had to be nuts! I first talked to them outside, carefully looking them over for weapons and what they had on, what they were carrying. Hey; even young girls can't be trusted these days. They were both soaked from being out in the elements of the night. I told them to come in and get warmed up and If I had to go anywhere I'd have to change out of my jammies to take them into to town. They were very polite; but to me their story was a little off. My very first thought was they were runaways. (one had a tattoo on one of her knuckles) But I couldn't prove it. So what do I do? They carried no backpack, the one girl had a small open carrying purse that you could see into. I offered the phone for them to call someone. No takers on the phone. Now What? The one girl said her sister lived in Indiana but didn't have a car to come and get them (the sister goes to IUP); but if they could get a ride there they would deal with the car that broke down the next day. Flags were going up, but I couldn't let these young girls walk the twenty miles. It not safe! Call the police or take them? I took them; if they're runaways their problems are just starting. While driving into town; The rain was coming down and it was one of those nights when it is hard to see. I'm thinking to myself these two girls could have been picked up by some duranged person along the way. I shivered at the thought that they could have been harmed. I delivered them to the door of the sister's house. At least they could get dry and eat something and decide what to do. Even now as I write this I wonder if they are ok. Maybe when they have to deal with the dead car, they will stop by since they have to go this way to get to it. And if not; maybe just maybe today things will be better for the both of them.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home