Lost In A Small PA Town

Snippets of my life withOUT a live-in lover and her elderly father that just moved in.(again!)(Now it's out again, oh that revolving door!) Letting go of old feelings and seeking out new ones.

Name:
Location: Christmas Tree Capital, Western PA

Where being Lost takes on a whole new meaning..

Wednesday, August 10, 2005

A Day With Old Friends..Priceless

Yesterday I got to spent yet another day with my friend from Colorado and her family. I being a gas ass drove to the big town of Chicora, PA (90 miles from me) near Butler, PA which isn't too far from Pittsburgh, PA for a day of relaxing around the pool and remincsing about our younger days and being thankful that we have survived being in our late forties. I knew the day had to come to an end and I had to make the trek home. So with good-byes and kisses all around I head back home feeling good and sunburned from spending 4 hours in the pool. Now this is the part of the day I hate! I own a 2001 Ford Ranger XLT (really the bank owns it; I'm just renting) While on my drive home the brakes start acting up. I mean grabbing and then the shimmies. Damn, it almost dark, no place open and I being a women wasn't about to pull over on Rt 422 so guess what I do? Yep I drive home being extra careful as to having to brake. I calculate when to leave off the gas and ever so gingerly pump the brakes when I have to stop or turn. And I also cursed every driver that pulled out in front of me; plus the ones that tailgated me all the way home. I make it home; my neck muscles were so tight that I couldn't turn my head and my sunburn hurt like hell. But I made it home.. so today I called the nearest garage and they couldn't take me until tomorrow to look at it. I just hope I didn't ruin the hub. So for the priceless day with friends yesterday this will probably turn into a very costly day tomorrow for me. But I made it home...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home